In November, Rick asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him "All I want is a Bears hoodie and a trip to somewhere tropical, just you and me". Well, Santa delivered. I got a new Bears hoodie and..... a trip to the Dominican Republic!!
We went to Cabarete. It is in the region of Puerto Plata, where they hold the world championships for Kite and Wind surfing. It is beautiful. Unlike, the other side of D.R. it is not full of all-inclusive resorts. You get to experience what the country of the Dominican is like. The people are friendly, and excited when they hear that you are interested in eating their ethnic foods and listening to their music. The beaches are beautiful and the seafood is delicious!! On our last full day, we even took windsurfing lessons. Most of the time, we ended up in the water, but we did get better as we kept practicing. Also on the last night in the D.R. we went to dinner at the Castle Club. Unbelievable!! This american couple moved to the D.R. 20+ years ago, and bought 200 acres of land up in the mountains. They literally chopped the top off one of the mountains and built their beautiful house on top. They host people over for dinner and lunch, for a 5-course gourmet meal, that he prepares, while his wife is the gracious host. The setting is beyond words and the food is delicious.
We had a wonderful time. A few days to relax, sleep, and not be on a schedule. Only once did we need to know the time. Other than that, we never knew what time it was!! Awesome!!
since we are as white as the table cloth!)
Relaxing in the sun with my umbrella drink...HEAVEN!

Check out the hot bod on the beach!
Rick at his best.... ON LAND!!!!

Getting my last instructions before I try to get up
Check out the hot bod on the beach!